- Position: Research & Legal Coordinator
- Reports to: The Director of Access Chapter 2
- Duration: 1 Year
About Access Chapter 2
Access Chapter 2 was initiated to promoting the human rights and empowerment of women and LGBTI people, and the participation of civil society organisation in governance and policy processes at local, national, regional and international level by creating space and coordinating platforms for engagement on governance, policy and accountability processes and by developing innovative and active empowerment for transformation knowledge on community systems strengthening and build solidarity within civil society and other various sectors.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The main purpose of this position is to coordinate activities focused on gender equity, human rights empowerment, and advocacy this includes legal, research and technical aspects of the organisation.
The selected candidate will be expected to conduct literature reviews, guidelines, legal assistance and advice, manual research and reviews, analyse strategies, draft summaries and recommendation and provide input in the ongoing work of Access Chapter 2. There will be particular focus on human rights in the aspect of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) people, sexual and reproductive rights for adolescent girls and young women as well as People Living with HIV/AIDS. The selected candidate will assist in the preparation, implementation and documentation of events, workshops, focus groups and meetings. The selected candidate may also assist other areas as need arises. Primary responsibilities include the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all cluster activities and direct supervision of project staff and volunteers. The successful candidate will project a personal professional image at all times. The most qualified and experienced applicant will be offered the post, irrespective of gender, age, race or sexual orientation.MAIN DUTIES
- Develop research and legal project plan and budget;
- Ensure that all planned programme activities are implemented on time;
- Implement approved plans according to set standards and supervise the work of cluster projects;
- Produce all reports required for the programme as per AC2 and funder reporting calendars;
- Participate in development and enhancements to projects and M&E frameworks to ensure critical outputs that speak to advocacy;
- Provide legal advice for clients and engage with legal team.
- Any other task allocated by Sector Manager.
Minimum required qualifications, competences and experience
Candidates should submit detailed CV’s and motivation letter to: attention Macmillan Ngobeni email@example.com
Closing date 15 February 2017
Access Chapter 2 is looking for skilled volunteers with the following skills set:
- GRANT MAKING
- LAW & HUMAN RIGHTS
- FACILITATING & TRAINING
If you have any of the above mentioned skills/experience and would like to volunteer with us, kindly Contact Us